If you want to change the template of a drive, folder, or library in Windows 10 then you’re at the right place today we are going to learn how to do that. In Windows, there are 5 inbuilt templates, namely General Items, Documents, Pictures, Music, or Videos, that you can select to optimize your drives’ view. Typically Windows automatically recognize the content of the folder and then assign the proper template to that folder. For example, if a folder contains a text file, it will be assigned the documents template.
If there are a mix of text, audio, or video files, then the folder will be assigned the General Items template. You could manually assign a different template to a folder or customize any of the above templates assigned to a folder. Now without wasting any time, let’s see how to Change Template of a Drive, Folder, or Library in Windows 10 with the help of the below-listed guide.
Change Template of a Drive, Folder, or Library in Windows 10
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Change Template of a Drive or Folder
1. Press Windows Key + E to open File Explorer and then right-click on the Folder or Drive for which you want to change the template and select Properties.
2. Switch to Customize tab and Optimize this folder for drop-down select the template you want to choose.
Note: If you want to apply the selected template to all of its sub-folder then checkmark the box which says “Also apply this template to all subfolders.”
3. Click Apply, followed by OK.
4. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 2: Change Template of a Library
1. Open the File Explorer then select the library for which you want to choose a template.
2. Now from the File Explorer menu click on Manage and then from the “Optimize library for” drop-down select the desired template.
3. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 3: Reset Folder View Settings of All Folders to Default
1. Open Notepad and copy & paste the text as it is:
2. From the Notepad menu click on File then select Save As.
3. Now from the Save as type drop-down select All Files.
4. Name the file as reset_view.bat (.bat extension is very important).
5. Navigate to where you want to save the file and click Save.
6. Right-click on the file (reset_view.bat) and select Run as Administrator.
7. Restart your PC to save changes.
- Fix High CPU Usage by WUDFHost.exe
- 15 Ways to Speed Up a Slow Windows 10 PC
- Fix Could Not Connect to the Steam Network Error
- Fix Windows 10 Wrong Clock Time Issue
That’s it you have successfully learned How to Change Template of a Drive, Folder, or Library in Windows 10 but if you still have any queries regarding this post then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.